Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Back!!!

So, after a year of multiple doctors appointments and multiple tests to find out if I am truly Celiac, I am back on my gluten free diet.  It is a very tough to go from eating gluten back to going gluten free. 

I spent about 6 months with a great doctor in dallas testing to figure out if I am a Celiac and there are still not conclusive results!  So frustrating!  I am a carrier of the gene for celiac and I am sensitive with all the symptoms of celiac disease.  I have been eating anything I have wanted for the past 6 months and I am feeling just like I used to with a foggy brain and added weight. 

My vitamin levels are finally almost to the normal range, which really makes me happy!  But with all the knowledge I have now, I am going to begin my lifelong journey in the gluten free lifestyle.  Here it goes!  I am excited, but it is also so hard to hold myself accountible all the time.  So here goes nothing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment