Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

     This week I have not been very productive in the kitchen.  I have had a battle all week with Mr. Flu and I am winning at the moment, but it has been a very difficult fight!  I have been munching on my fail safes, which means I have had a HUGE stash of Larabars for quick lunches.  Dinners have been pretty plain....baked potatoes with BBQ sauce and chicken has been my favorite.  I am a sucker for comfort food and as the holidays get closer I find myself craving more and more comfort foods.   With that in mind, I have been spending free time dreaming and planning of wonderful gluten free treats. 

       I have been looking for the hidden silver lining of this new food lifestyle and the biggest (and most rewarding) one that I have found is my realization that the healthcare industry is my calling.  I am craving to help people.  With that in mind, I have spent the better part of the week researching schools in this area.  I am getting so excited!  I have planned to go visit a few schools this week.

After having many problems getting motivated to make some great foods this past week I am implementing a new plan.  Starting tomorrow will be my Sunday cook day!  Every week after church with Grandma, I will sit down and plan out my foods as well as jump into the kitchen and make my weeks worth of grub!  I have found that being single I have a  more difficult time creating meals and eating at my table.  So here I go....there will be lots of recipes to follow starting tomorrow!   Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment